“Abstract art has been with us in one form or another for almost a century now and has proved to be not only a long-standing crux of cultural debate but a self-renewing, vital tradition of creativity. We know that it works, even if we’re still not sure why that’s so, or exactly what to make of that fact.” – Pictures of Nothing: Abstract Art Since Pollock by Kirk Varnedoe
This is the definition. Abstraction is defined as the separation of a concept from its objective referents. In the visual arts, this entails removing a portrayal from any literal, representational reference points. Nonrepresentational art is another term for abstract art. Abstract art has been around for more than a century. Some would even argue that abstraction dates back thousands of years and that it has withstood shifting creative movements, manifestos, and testimony throughout the decades.
Where to Print
Feel free to choose your printing method, but here are a couple of ideas:
- Print on your home printer
- Email or bring files to local print store such as Staples, Target, Costco
- Upload and print online at Shutterfly.com, Snapfish.com, MPix.com
What type of paper should I use?
Our prints look good with matte paper. But they also look great on glossy paper. This is really your personal preference.
- INSTANT DOWNLOAD. You will receive an electronic file only, which you can download.
- Colors in the final print may look different.
- No refunds for this digital product. But please contact us if you have any problems with your order.
- ©Dopely Goods. This purchase is for Personal Use Only.